We are a company registered in New Zealand under company number 6475649, with our registered address as set out below. You can contact us as follows:
- Suite 12368
17B Farnham Street
We will collect information that you provide us when booking our services. The information you provide us will include (depending on the circumstances):
- your contact details, including your name, mailing address and telephone numbers;
- bank and credit card payment details;
- email address;
- contact details of passengers that you reserve for our services;
- travel details (including any dietary preferences); and
- information about your information.
We only use your personal information for the purposes for which you give it to us and also forrelated, internal management and administration purposes. The primary purpose of collecting anyrelevant personal information is to be able to provide you with our goods and services. We may alsouse or disclose personal information:
- to identify products and services that may interest you;
- fraud and unlawful activity detection: to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorised, or illegal activity, including identity fraud (on the basis of our legitimate interests to operate a safe and lawful business or where we have a legal obligation to do so);
- compliance with policies, procedures and laws: to enable us to comply with our policies and procedures and enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees and share your information with our service providers; and
- in other ways in accordance with the Privacy Act.
In connection with the purposes and on the lawful grounds described above, we will share yourpersonal information when relevant with third parties such as:
- Our service providers: service providers we work with to deliver our business, who provide us with:
- IT, system administration and security services; and
- legal, accountancy, auditing and insurance services and other professional advisers.
- Regulators and governmental bodies: IRD, regulators, governmental bodies and other authorities who require reporting of our activities in certain circumstances;
- Prospective sellers and buyers of our business: any prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, only in the event that we decide to sell or buy any business or asset;
- Other third parties (including professional advisers) and other third parties (including debt collectors, legal or other advisors, regulatory authorities, courts, law enforcement agencies and government agencies) where necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees or where such disclosure may be permitted or required by law;
- other persons in accordance with the Privacy Act.
- We require third parties to maintain appropriate security to protect your information from unauthorised access and use.
We use appropriate technological and operational security measures to protect your informationagainst any unauthorised access or unlawful use, such as:
- ensuring the physical security of our offices, warehouses, data centres and other sites where we may store your personal data;
- ensuring the physical and digital security of our equipment and devices by using appropriate password protection, multi-factor authentication and a high level encryption; and
- limiting access to your personal information to those in our company who need to use it in the course of their work.
You have certain rights in respect of the information we hold about you, including:
- the right to ask us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes (although we do not currently use your information for marketing purposes);
- the right to request access to the information that we hold about you;
- the right to request that we correct or rectify any information that we hold about you which is out of date or incorrect;
- the right to request we attach a statement of correction to your information, if you ask us to correct that information if we don’t make a correction that you request;
- the right to receive a copy of any information we hold about you (or request that we transfer this to another service provider) in a structured, commonly-used, machine readable format, in certain circumstances;
- the right to lodge a complaint about us to the Privacy Commissioner.
- We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and to enable you to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response;
- You will generally not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. We will try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.